Short lived TourX

Fleuger99

Austin, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I've not seen discounts that big. I live in Austin Texas so been looking at actual dealer web sights in Houston, San Antonio and Dallas whom all have several Buick dealers making for good competition. The best I've seen is $9K off advertised. I'll use Pacer69's model of finding the best deal and using that for leverage. All those texas cities are within a three hour drive if worst comes to worst.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
You can buy a brand new 2018 Essence TourX starting at $27,000. You will get the best deals on those. Marked down $12,000.
I bought a 2018 Essence, built July of 2018 (I don't know how it's not a 19). Gray, confidence #1, S&S, pano roof, comes out to $40.5k sticker, plus tax and title.

I put $3,000 down (which basically covered my usurious 8.75% sales tax, and title) and financed $27,500.00.

These deals are real and they are out there. I had two cars lined up, the second one was nearly identical - except no pano roof but the more expensive white paint. I really wanted the white paint, it was my first choice, actually.

I told both dealers what the score was and let them give me their best price.

They came back within $500 of each other. I went with the gray because the dealer was closer, the pano roof is nice, and I liked the salesman. (He knew I knew)

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
You have to be take advantage of market conditions. I recently bought a used 2016 Buick Regal with a sticker price of $34,500 confirmed. It had 41,000 miles on it and cost me just $16,000 plus tax and license. You can use depreciation as a benefit not a loss.

Why not buy a leftover 2018 over a 2019 TourX and save $6000 in the process?

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Many dealers are advertising $5,000 in discounts which are two $2,500 rebates only available if you DON'T take the 0% financing and $1,250.

If that's the case then you're actually better off finding 3rd party financing if it's below 4% and taking the $5,000. Then if you can pay it off early, more win.

My $40k Essence came out below $28k. I paid the sales tax and registration out of pocket and financed the rest 3rd party.
Same cost here and that included transport, plus I was also able to Add GM reward points to knock it down a bit under $25K.
I was not looking for a car but...

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Last edited:

BrianCoasters

Buick Newbie
Greensboro, NC
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red

worldofsaabs

Buick Ownership
Tour X
18 TourX Essence with mid year upgrade. LOVE this car. I am a former SAAB dealer and can say that the car has a ton of SAAB feel to it. Great job GM Opel, now GM get to work and properly market this car, give the SUV commercials a well deserved break! Having not seen another one in 3 months, I feel I should be able to bill GM for marketing. Wherever i go, people comment and i end up telling them all about the car. 5400 miles and no issues. Would love to rebadge into an Insignia with the Sport rear bumper. Any ideas where these parts can be located?

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
18 TourX Essence with mid year upgrade. LOVE this car. I am a former SAAB dealer and can say that the car has a ton of SAAB feel to it. Great job GM Opel, now GM get to work and properly market this car, give the SUV commercials a well deserved break! Having not seen another one in 3 months, I feel I should be able to bill GM for marketing. Wherever i go, people comment and i end up telling them all about the car. 5400 miles and no issues. Would love to rebadge into an Insignia with the Sport rear bumper. Any ideas where these parts can be located?
Look in the GS conversion thread that RoRi started, there's a link there for an Opel store on eBay. Ditto on my TourX experience and billing GM! I agree, TourX feels very European and sophisticated. Loving mine as well. The Regal Sportback is also a great vehicle with lots of utility. GM hit it out of the park with these two.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
I just hope PSA brings the 508 SW when they return to the US around 2026. I'll be looking for a TourX replacement a couple years after that. Unfortunately, we'll probably just get boring CUVs.
TourX would be my first choice at this point, but perhaps this will also materialize:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.