Short lived TourX

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
True, the Sportback generates almost no interest. I saw it on the dealer's lot a silver 2018 and it didn't have much "charisma". I much prefer the looks of the previous Regal sedan.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
How come there is so little interest in the Sportback compared to the TourX?
I agree with Mike, it seems like the TourX folks are just a lot more passionate than Sportback people. From what I read on some sales figures and saw in some company official demos in reviews, I got the impression that more Sportbacks were expected to be sold vs. TourX for '18. But maybe those people just aren't the car forum types so we don't hear from as many of them? Who knows. I enjoy reading Sportback threads too, I wish there were more of them.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
New 2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
You can buy a lot of Buick for the money!
Actually I meant to say as of now, TourX would be my first choice in 2026, ha. But heck yeah on the value of TourX. I guess we'll see it if it's being made in 2026. Good to know PSA is coming here, I'd guess by that time the SUV obsession may be waning and maybe they'll just bring that nice estate here, too. One can hope, anyway!

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
What a pleasant surprise to see no badmouthing of French Cars. Although I've not visited France since the 508 was introduced, I loved trips around France in my favorite, the Peugeot 607. Love that car. Also have leased Renault Laguna. Also a great car but not as beautiful as the 607. (They dont make either model anymore). Although I did not lease the 607, owned by a friend, I always lease my Renaults from;
Www.RenaultUSA.com
Leased from Renault six times and never had any problems with either the car, or the process.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
True, the Sportback generates almost no interest. I saw it on the dealer's lot a silver 2018 and it didn't have much "charisma". I much prefer the looks of the previous Regal sedan.
True. No charisma or a better way to put it, NO SNAP.

I'm not a fan of "fastback" cars. A few months ago, I test drove a Kia Stinger, a fastback type car. Very poor rear view visibility out that slanted fastback window. The Buick may or may not be different.

BrianCoasters

Buick Newbie
Greensboro, NC
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red
How come there is so little interest in the Sportback compared to the TourX?
The TourX is almost the same car but with more functionality and (IMO) more character in spite of the cladding. Although I like the Sportback better than typical sedans, the fact that the US gets an AWD wagon choice is a friggin' miracle.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
18 TourX Essence with mid year upgrade. LOVE this car. I am a former SAAB dealer and can say that the car has a ton of SAAB feel to it. Great job GM Opel, now GM get to work and properly market this car, give the SUV commercials a well deserved break! Having not seen another one in 3 months, I feel I should be able to bill GM for marketing. Wherever i go, people comment and i end up telling them all about the car. 5400 miles and no issues. Would love to rebadge into an Insignia with the Sport rear bumper. Any ideas where these parts can be located?
Pop the hood and look at the headlight connector...you'll feel at home.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.