• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

TSB 19-NA-100 Radio Software Version 22.8 and TSB 19-NA-249 Favorites Grayed Out- Nov 4, 2019

50Joe

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
So I have had the 22.9 for about a year now. The FM stations greyed out twice on me in a year. I just unfavored them and reset them. The back up lines do sometimes disappear but I don't think that is too big of a deal. Do you all think the 22.10 is better than the 22.9 or not? Wait until there is a 22.11?

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
So I have had the 22.9 for about a year now. The FM stations greyed out twice on me in a year. I just unfavored them and reset them. The back up lines do sometimes disappear but I don't think that is too big of a deal. Do you all think the 22.10 is better than the 22.9 or not? Wait until there is a 22.11?
With 22.9 many of my XM presets were greying out almost daily, other presets like AM, FM and internet stations were fine. I got pretty good at restoring them but it was a pain. 22.10 fixed the greyed out stations completely.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
I got the 22.10 update by SPS and backed up the USB update files.
Is that vehicle specific?
Anyway, it's here.
Thanks so much for this. I was able to go from 22.1 to 22.10 successfully. I had to start the car for it to show the update banner to begin. 23% was a nail biter...

At the very least, the time in the DIC is in the correct time zone now.

Tedjs

Cleveland, OH
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Tourx
We should probably seeing another update in the next month or so to address the issue of navigation not loading at times. Happens intermittently on my vehicle and GM has the cause identified and is coming out with software to correct.

If you experience the issue you can force stop the navigation and it will restore it.

Navigation.JPG

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I swear with 22.10 I have more issues than I did on the OG software. Fish eye camera, disappearing reverse lines every other time I'm in the car, the Nav failing to load, boot times are crazy Inconsistsnt. IT will say tuner unavailable (am fm) after a startup sometimes for up to a few minutes, while playing the radio, but am fm presets can be selected. The other day with my wife sitting in the car while it was running in park while I went I to a store the radio studdered and stopped playing, then went into audio off mode. I can't adjust the volume for 10 sec at least sometimes after a start...

6APPEAL

Deep South
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX 1987 Grand National
I'm on 22.10 for a while. It's been pretty much trouble free, but a few times I have had the tuner unavailable after startup. I rarely have the reverse line disappear.

Anaduff

Associate Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
And the story continues...

Apparently if you don't install the OTA package (that has already been downloaded into you car) after 30 ignition cycles, it will be deleted from your vehicle. If you select 'Decline Update', it will not only be deleted but your vehicle will never receive another OTA upgrade.

There is also information on how to correctly attach a battery maintainer/charger--I did it wrong (attached directly to the battery) & have now moved the negative wire to a chassis earth point.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence

Apparently if you don't install the OTA package (that has already been downloaded into you car) after 30 ignition cycles, it will be deleted from your vehicle. If you select 'Decline Update', it will not only be deleted but your vehicle will never receive another OTA upgrade.

There is also information on how to correctly attach a battery maintainer/charger--I did it wrong (attached directly to the battery) & have now moved the negative wire to a chassis earth point.
Because there is a sensor on the negative terminal connecting to the battery measuring the battery charge. :)
Connecting directly to it would bypass the sensor and cause the battery charge reading go out.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Thanks D2R, interesting read and good to know.

I think it it also explained why ASS didn't activate for what I thought was quite a number of miles. The TourX sat in the garage for almost 2 weeks after a trip. It started and ran fine, it was about 40 deg F outside. I eventually noticed that I didn't need to defeat ASS as I'm now accustomed to (I was both pleased and a bit concerned at the same time). On my way back from about about a 20 mi (one way) trip, ASS started working again- I guess the SOC sensor finally decided it was OK to ASS again...

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS

Is the software in the Regals with the newer software considered Global A or VIP? The article is somewhat ambiguous on that detail since the photos show an infotainment like what's in the 2018.5-2020 Regals, but states VIP was introduced in some 2020 and 2021 model year vehicles. Where do our 2019s fall?

I was kind of forced to attach the battery maintainer correctly given my battery is less convenient to get to in the trunk lol. I actually really like the setup we have under the hood for maintaining, charging, and jumping. Though it did cause some confusion for afamily member with a Sportback who was used to hooking straight up to the battery. IMG_20210329_133330.jpg

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX

I haven't read where anyone was successful updating the vehicle software (e.g. from 22.09 to 22.10) OTA. Has anyone been able to make that happen OTA besides taking to dealer or doing the USB install someone on here posted files to do that? On the other hand I have had the in car apps like weather.com and IHeart radio update automatically OTA.

Anaduff

Associate Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
To @Jack GS point about HMI/software versions, GM isn't being very clear on what makes a 'Global A' or 'VIP' system--is there a new(ish) Harman unit and/or are they now giving software versions names besides the release numbers?

If they (GM) need some suggestions for previous software versions, I think 'Weakish', 'Passable', 'Indifferent' and 'Commonplace' are available (but maybe Microsoft has a copyright on some of those). :cautious:

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
As far as I can tell, assuming these these articles are accurate, all 2011+ Regals are Global A. It is also my guess that the VIP architecture is synonymous with Global B. OTA updates are new for the Global B architecture, so I really don't anticipate OTA updates will ever happen for us (not that that's new knowledge around here given no one has ever received one).

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Is the software in the Regals with the newer software considered Global A or VIP? The article is somewhat ambiguous on that detail since the photos show an infotainment like what's in the 2018.5-2020 Regals, but states VIP was introduced in some 2020 and 2021 model year vehicles. Where do our 2019s fall?

I was kind of forced to attach the battery maintainer correctly given my battery is less convenient to get to in the trunk lol. I actually really like the setup we have under the hood for maintaining, charging, and jumping. Though it did cause some confusion for afamily member with a Sportback who was used to hooking straight up to the battery. View attachment 29554
Global A.
New one didn't come out until 2020 on CT4/5 and Corvette.
You will be surprised on how much OTA is on Global A already.

Anaduff

Associate Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
OK, so running Global A with 'Good Enough for Who's it For' software (22.TEN)--everything* works--where is the write-protect tab so nothing new gets added?

*def: 'everything'--play MP3's from USB (without 'device not found' error), FM holds all three presets, back-up camera lines always appear, climate control is functional--no other features used/needed.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
20 Regal GS, 12 Regal GS (past)
As far as I can tell, assuming these these articles are accurate, all 2011+ Regals are Global A. It is also my guess that the VIP architecture is synonymous with Global B. OTA updates are new for the Global B architecture, so I really don't anticipate OTA updates will ever happen for us (not that that's new knowledge around here given no one has ever received one).

Global B was first introduced on the 2020 corvette and 202 Cadillac CT4/5. Our Regals are not Global B/VIP.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!