• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

TSB 19-NA-100 Radio Software Version 22.8 and TSB 19-NA-249 Favorites Grayed Out- Nov 4, 2019

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Global B was first introduced on the 2020 corvette and 202 Cadillac CT4/5. Our Regals are not Global B/VIP.
Bummer they aren't global B. I got a an xt4 or what ever with the updated infotainment as a loaner. Much improved setup. And a really good resolution on the back up camera. I had no bugs or issues while i had it for the week, while they delt with infotainment issues on my tourx

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Bummer they aren't global B. I got a an xt4 or what ever with the updated infotainment as a loaner. Much improved setup. And a really good resolution on the back up camera. I had no bugs or issues while i had it for the week, while they delt with infotainment issues on my tourx
The XT4 is only 1 model year newer than our infotainment system (both 19 and 20).
Still a Global A.
The camera is HW difference where GM cheap out our Regal.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
The XT4 is only 1 model year newer than our infotainment system (both 19 and 20).
Still a Global A.
The camera is HW difference where GM cheap out our Regal.
My 2020 Traverse has the HD camera. It's so nice to have.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
I swear with 22.10 I have more issues than I did on the OG software. Fish eye camera, disappearing reverse lines every other time I'm in the car, the Nav failing to load, boot times are crazy Inconsistsnt. IT will say tuner unavailable (am fm) after a startup sometimes for up to a few minutes, while playing the radio, but am fm presets can be selected.

I'm seeing similar things, but they're all less annoying to me than the bugs it resolved. It has fixed the presets getting greyed out. It is also completely reliable finding the USB stick and Android auto. I think the reverse lines show up more often, but that bug is not completely fixed.

The tuner boot lag is probably the most annoying new thing, but it is fairly rare and at least it fixes itself within a minute. I have seen the Nav be inoperable for an entire drive a few times, but I use it so rarely that I don't care much. If I really need navigation I will plug my phone in.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I'm seeing similar things, but they're all less annoying to me than the bugs it resolved. It has fixed the presets getting greyed out. It is also completely reliable finding the USB stick and Android auto. I think the reverse lines show up more often, but that bug is not completely fixed.

The tuner boot lag is probably the most annoying new thing, but it is fairly rare and at least it fixes itself within a minute. I have seen the Nav be inoperable for an entire drive a few times, but I use it so rarely that I don't care much. If I really need navigation I will plug my phone in.
Do you use user profiles in the infotainment? If so just to see try using the guest one when it asks instead of yours. I found it boots up faster as guest. Makes me wonder if I should delete my profile and redo it from scratch. The disappearing lines I’ve never had resolved but otherwise 22.10 did fix most everything else for me.

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
20 Regal GS, 12 Regal GS (past)
Do you use user profiles in the infotainment? If so just to see try using the guest one when it asks instead of yours. I found it boots up faster as guest. Makes me wonder if I should delete my profile and redo it from scratch. The disappearing lines I’ve never had resolved but otherwise 22.10 did fix most everything else for me.
I had my '20 GS updated to 22.1 also (I was at 21.1 before) and the reverse lines still disappear if I don't wait for the system to fully boot up before shifting into reverse. The time it takes to establish a bluetooth connection also seems excessively long as well. Its only been a week since the re-fresh so I'll have to give it time before I make any solid conclusions regarding the update benefits.

Tedjs

Cleveland, OH
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Tourx

Once again, there should be another update for these systems to resolve issues soon. There is a preliminary information bulletin related to navigation not loading that has been out since last year. Thought it would be out by now but doesn't appear to be available on SPS.

Sure that will resolve a bunch of issues when they finally push it out.

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Once again, there should be another update for these systems to resolve issues soon. There is a preliminary information bulletin related to navigation not loading that has been out since last year. Thought it would be out by now but doesn't appear to be available on SPS.

Sure that will resolve a bunch of issues when they finally push it out.
I hope so, I'm dealing bringing my car in till this update is out. I've also got the strut mount creek when cold and a fun new one today where the blower speed isn't steady on the 3rs notch to the end. Yay new cars! Haha. I still love it though.

Bugged me the other day, I saw a thing for buick maps coming out on the new infotainment stuff. Cause they need to add more stupid things you have to pay for by having an onstar subscription for the data (still pissed I can't see traffic on the nav without it) , when they can't fix bugs in a 1 year old car... just fix my damn radio.

Could be worse? My mom's 2018 outback was in for 2 months cause of a failed radio. There is a class action lawsuit with subaru over their infotainment

Tedjs

Cleveland, OH
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Tourx
That bulletin was out four months ago and there is no resolution to it yet. Better off to just take your vehicle in. Other than the nav issue and occasional slow wake up times - not much wrong with current software.

I remember when this stuff started coming out in 2010 and up... I never thought it was a good idea to integrate that much into a radio but here we are. All manufacturers have common issues related to this and it's probably a number one in terms of customer complaints.

JBRock

Medina, OH
Buick Ownership
2020 black Regal GS
Can I ask a dumb question ? What exactly to I have to do to "get an update" - I have a 2020 GS with NAV and top stereo - plus I do have on star also. Sorry and Thanks !

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
20 Regal GS, 12 Regal GS (past)
Can I ask a dumb question ? What exactly to I have to do to "get an update" - I have a 2020 GS with NAV and top stereo - plus I do have on star also. Sorry and Thanks !
poke around your vehicle settings menu to find your software release first. You can find it under something like vehicle settings>about. You want 22.1 for the latest release. If you don't have 22.1 take it in for service and tell them there is a TSB for the update. Pretty simple.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
So does anyone know if they are releasing a fix for the Nav locking up or anything else?
Yeah, they are working on something but last time I checked there is still no update available. @Ctrcbob has the fastest workaround to get the Nav to boot up when it doesn't load as it should. All outlined in this thread:

Navigation Loading/Navigation Won’t Start/Slow to Start When Ignition Is First Turned On

Get your turbo buick badge right here!