• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

TSB 19-NA-100 Radio Software Version 22.8 and TSB 19-NA-249 Favorites Grayed Out- Nov 4, 2019

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
If that ever needs repair--would love to see the service request:

"Customer says there is an angry bird stuck in the infotaiment system--possibly nesting."

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
So let me ask this. We all know the reverse lines disappear when you go I to reverse too quick after start up, aka the system doesn't get proper boot time. But I finally had mine updated to 22.10, which required a radio module replacement for no communication error codes on the can bus and cause door lock issues....but it takes way longer to boot now. I can wait 15 seconds before going into reverse, the line are there for a few seconds, the screen flickers and they disappear. Anyone else having the issue? Mine reports 22.1, software date is March 22, 2020 I think it was. They told me it is updated with the latest firmware....but I can't believe this bug would be made worse.

I did start using profiles, I dunno if that's messing with it. But it's definitely got other bugs. If the reverse lines disappear and I go back to park and hit the home button it will say tuner not available, and while it's playing music, I can't change the station or anything, it's pretty un responsive...

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Every now and then I wish I had the updated cluster but everytime I read threads like this I am happy with my red needle UI. I rarely have any issues, but I had big problems with my wife's Ford so I feel for you.

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
A few weeks ago, I had the software update done during routine service. Didn’t help; the symptoms persisted, and I took it as a sign that if this was the worst thing the car has had (and it is), I should just live with it. A few days later, my SA called and asked me if he could have the car back, as GM told him to look for a “code“ in the system. If there was a code, they’d have to do another update. Apparently there was. It took almost 3 hours, but since I got the car back, everything is working as expected. I couldn’t get him to give details about the fix, other than the update they did worked this time.

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
A few weeks ago, I had the software update done during routine service. Didn’t help; the symptoms persisted, and I took it as a sign that if this was the worst thing the car has had (and it is), I should just live with it. A few days later, my SA called and asked me if he could have the car back, as GM told him to look for a “code“ in the system. If there was a code, they’d have to do another update. Apparently there was. It took almost 3 hours, but since I got the car back, everything is working as expected. I couldn’t get him to give details about the fix, other than the update they did worked this time.
What issues were you having? I have to bring the car back for them to replace the touch screen and vents the scratched badly when the radio was replaced, the boot time and the way the system lags so badly in the first 30 seconds of operation is pretty unacceptable to me. Makes me feel like GM almost gives special attention to problematic units and gives them certain software upgrades...I dunno. I can only hope one day they get the software right. I mean I'd the can make it work In an off the shelf headunit why can't any of these auto manufactures make it work...

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
What issues were you having? I have to bring the car back for them to replace the touch screen and vents the scratched badly when the radio was replaced, the boot time and the way the system lags so badly in the first 30 seconds of operation is pretty unacceptable to me. Makes me feel like GM almost gives special attention to problematic units and gives them certain software upgrades...I dunno. I can only hope one day they get the software right. I mean I'd the can make it work In an off the shelf headunit why can't any of these auto manufactures make it work...
I was having what everyone else was; dropped red lines and fisheye images. My radio presets and Bluetooth still worked; the only problem was when the car was in reverse. I wish I could’ve got the SA to give more details as to what they did.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!