• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

TSB 19-NA-100 Radio Software Version 22.8 and TSB 19-NA-249 Favorites Grayed Out- Nov 4, 2019

buickbox

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Tour X Preferred
That is really strange.
That IPC shall not be outdated. :oops:
Yeah.. I don't know... I looked in to the TSB myself and I never found documents and didn't know it is the IPC problem.
Maybe it is because the car is a 2018 leftover LOL.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Yeah.. I don't know... I looked in to the TSB myself and I never found documents and didn't know it is the IPC problem.
Maybe it is because the car is a 2018 leftover LOL.
Well, I do know for a fact that the red needles' IPC has outdated software from the factory that would make the speed limit sign disappear each ignition cycle.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Well, I do know for a fact that the red needles' IPC has outdated software from the factory that would make the speed limit sign disappear each ignition cycle.
It is my understanding that there is no fix for this. I only turn it on for long road trips. Ironically, this is the only time I use WAZE, too. So I either have no speed sign, or two.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
My car is at the dealer service department now having a "USB update" (whatever that is) that was going to take four hours to complete. I'd already had the 22.9 update but the speed limit display was still blank. Today, they replaced the SD card. No go - still blank. Thus, this latest "USB update". Service writer said that if this doesn't work, they'll contact GM tech for further solutions. I haven't tried the "reset all" yet - which of the 3 resets do I need to select? The only other thing would be replace the instrument cluster (which at least one person on this forum has had done).

buickbox

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Tour X Preferred
My car is at the dealer service department now having a "USB update" (whatever that is) that was going to take four hours to complete. I'd already had the 22.9 update but the speed limit display was still blank. Today, they replaced the SD card. No go - still blank. Thus, this latest "USB update". Service writer said that if this doesn't work, they'll contact GM tech for further solutions. I haven't tried the "reset all" yet - which of the 3 resets do I need to select? The only other thing would be replace the instrument cluster (which at least one person on this forum has had done).
It looks like we had similar problem. Mine won't work even on 22.9 until they programmed the ipc.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
FINALLY - my speed limit indicator shows the current speed limit after the 4+ hour "USB update" was completed.
No need for a reset of the infotainment system.
No need for a new instrument cluster.
HOORAY!
(The dealer DID give me a loaner car - a GMC Terrain) so I didn't have to wait 4+ hours)

RoRi

Hopefully over the air this time. Mine works most of the time, but once in a while it still fails to load the navigation.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Anyone still having this problem, they have a new 22.10 update
Yesterday, one of my re-set stations on was greyed-out. Only looking at page 1 of presets, but I just tuned to that station, pushed and held where it was greyed-out, and it re-set. It was just one, but it did re-set.

Tedjs

Cleveland, OH
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Tourx
Occasionally getting the message "tuner unavailable" as it boots up. Happened twice but it does seem to be working better. I'll never understand why they replaced basic radios with such integrated systems but whatever. Way too much going on for the average driver who is looking for their vehicle to operate properly.

Glad they can fix things with software but clearly the software/hardware in those vehicles wasn't ready for prime-time.

rjw

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback
I have been getting the "Tuner Unavailable" message also. It only happens every once in awhile and lasts for only 20 seconds or so. This started happening after I was updated to 22.9.

It is open-source software, so they are getting what they paid for...
:(

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
22.9 hasn't cured all my issues as hoped. Sometimes, I have to plug and unplug my iPhone 11 Pro 2-3 times before it shows up on the infotainment screen (CarPlay). I rarely use the radio function so can't speak to that. I also get occasional sound "drop outs" using CarPlay but I am assuming that might be alerts being sent to the phone from various apps I have running that aren't CarPlay compatible. I've tried plugging in the phone before I start the car and after but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Sometimes CarPlay works right away and sometimes I have to try several times before it finally shows up.

swegyptian

Buick Ownership
TourX
Is 22.9 still the most recent software?

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
Almost all of the discussion on software upgrades relate to greyed-out radio (AM/FM/XM) presets; just wondering it any of the updates actually fixed the USB stick initialization--as in getting rid of the 'device not detected' which shows-up about 20% of the time when starting the car. I'm beginning to think that a software solution may not solve the issue. Initialization of USB ports has been around for decades (thinking Win 98SE) so I think it may be a bad hardware design from Samsung...:unsure:

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Anyone still having this problem, they have a new 22.10 update

I hope I’m no jinxing myself 😇
One week ago today, my dealer updated my operating system to 22.10. So far, all is well. Although only seven days, SXM Pre-Sets have not grayed out. Hurray!!!
😍

Get your turbo buick badge right here!