Lowered GS..... finally!

VX_Performance

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
WTF? He definitely already charged my CC for it.

I'm annoyed that its been over three weeks for these springs, and not one email from him explaining the delay or for any updates on status. Mine are on the way too.

I did send you pretty much the same emails as Craig but some of them bounced back. I have no idea why but around that time it was happening quite often :mad: We have since changed servers and all seems ok now so please accept my apologies for that.

The car may have settled another "half of a finger width" since installing them; I'm still happy with them, but i also think the springs for the "lighter car" (1.6, 1.8L) would be the way to go for anyone else that wants to do this. They may not be as stiff or perform as well as the "correct" springs that I installed, but it might sit just a tad lower than these springs for the 2.0T.

And I just got a US customs bill from UPS for $12. WTF, shouldn't the shipper have paid for that?

When you buy from outside the EU you don't pay the VAT (20%) we have over here, so customs can charge you unfortunately. Once they leave the EU we have no control over charges :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just joined the forum as I was doing our accounts yesterday and spotted the invoices for the 2 sets of H&R springs sold to the 2 guys in this thread and wondered how you had got on.

The cars look spot on. I do agree that maybe the springs for our lighter 1.6/1.8 may drop them a touch more at the front but technically speaking the springs for the 2.0T should be the ones you fit really.

My father recently bought an Insignia FWD 2.0 CDTI and it is a brilliant car :D

EDIT: Needless to say if anyone else requires a set or anything else we have for the Insignia then let me know. I actually find dealing with people from North America and Australia/New Zealand easier than people here :)

Last edited:

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
I did send you pretty much the same emails as Craig but some of them bounced back. I have no idea why but around that time it was happening quite often :mad: We have since changed servers and all seems ok now so please accept my apologies for that.

When you buy from outside the EU you don't pay the VAT (20%) we have over here, so customs can charge you unfortunately. Once they leave the EU we have no control over charges :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just joined the forum as I was doing our accounts yesterday and spotted the invoices for the 2 sets of H&R springs sold to the 2 guys in this thread and wondered how you had got on.

The cars look spot on. I do agree that maybe the springs for our lighter 1.6/1.8 may drop them a touch more at the front but technically speaking the springs for the 2.0T should be the ones you fit really.

My father recently bought an Insignia FWD 2.0 CDTI and it is a brilliant car :D

EDIT: Needless to say if anyone else requires a set or anything else we have for the Insignia then let me know. I actually find dealing with people from North America and Australia/New Zealand easier than people here :)

Nice...thnx Graeme :cool:!

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise

I would recommend the 1.6/1.8T springs to anyone else. My rears have settled as much or maybe a touch more than the fronts (about one finger width), and while I can fit one finger between the rear tire and the fender, I can fit three fingers between the front wheel and the fender. I'd return them if for the others if I could.

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
I would recommend the 1.6/1.8T springs to anyone else. My rears have settled as much or maybe a touch more than the fronts (about one finger width), and while I can fit one finger between the rear tire and the fender, I can fit three fingers between the front wheel and the fender. I'd return them if for the others if I could.

Agreed. I almost went with those too :banghead:.

cozbyrt

6.0L LS2 Member
Texas
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-05

Why do you think the 1.6/1.8T springs would be any different? What is it about them that is better? I ask out of ignorance, not being a smart a$$.

Ok I read a post further up and noticed this by VX Performance: I do agree that maybe the springs for our lighter 1.6/1.8 may drop them a touch more at the front but technically speaking the springs for the 2.0T should be the ones you fit really.

Last edited:

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
Agreed. I almost went with those too :banghead:.

i actually read all 11 pages of this thread and i did skip some posts to get thru all the reading but where did you buy them?

although i just bought my GS 2013 ill be ordering my springs sooner than later ...

im a big Eibach Fan but i dont know when there coming out

where did you get your springs from?

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
I'd recommend you find someone else to buy them from instead of Graeme. I know some will disagree, but I just don't feel he was responsive (see posts above about three-week delays and emails not being sent informing us of any status).

I also more recently emailed him because my rear springs have settled differently (less than a one-finger gap on one side, two finger gap on the other side) and his answer was "well maybe your shock is bad." He said he would contact H&R, but unsurprisingly I haven't heard anything from him since.

Just do a google search for the part number and you should be able to find a few people to do business with.

I had to take the rears out and put the stock springs back in.

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
i actually read all 11 pages of this thread and i did skip some posts to get thru all the reading but where did you buy them?

although i just bought my GS 2013 ill be ordering my springs sooner than later ...

im a big Eibach Fan but i dont know when there coming out

where did you get your springs from?

Contact them and ask...they're more than helpful.

mikeg

3.8L Turbo Member
Overland Park, KS
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal T07 Russelsheim
Are the H&R springs compatible with the Regal Turbo CLX? If I change to a shorter spring, will the IDC still function properly?

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership

GTXgp

Las Colinas (DFW), TX
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
"Sports Tourer" is the wagon, if I remember right. Also, the links you sent were one H&R and one Eibach.

The H&R part number is 28998-5. Eibach part number should be 38158.140

Exactly. The ST is the wagon. The saloon (or limo) is the sedan. The hatch is... well... a hatch.... but it looks similar to the sedan.

28998-5 is the correct model for the H&Rs and that's what I'm running with zero problems. I don't know what the model number is for the Eibach, but if you get a Saloon version that is up to 1160 it will be fine.

JJhummus

Beavercreek, Ohio
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac
I just checked my connection to see if I could buy several sets for the guys here. The last set I used my connection for imported them for less than the cost of the springs in Europe alone. If anyone is interested, just say so and I will see if I can get them. I wouldn't ask anyone to pay until they were here and ready to ship domestically. I'll let you know what I find.

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
id be interested .. I do want to do some modding despite it being a lease but I do wanna lower it

let me know though price if u ever get a chance

Get your turbo buick badge right here!