• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

I Removed the Plastic Cladding Trim on the Tourx

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I'm still looking for my future TourX at the right price. That said the cladding is going to be the first to go. Disappointing to see how the body is stamped & the cutouts in the front fender. Has anyone considered a body color vinyl wrap applied to that piece of cladding while stripping the rest? This would be a simple & reversible solution.
If I could confirm a wrap that matches the body color, it should be relatively easy to attempt...

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
An Essence Sportback front bumper should solve the front trim issue and still retain the fog lights.
Yes - that should work (or GS would work too which requires more parts). But I was hoping for a lower cost option before making the commitment to buying/shipping/painting/installing a whole new skin. I have inquired with one of the painted body parts websites - but haven’t heard back.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
just an update - I have made a rudimentary mold for the front wheel arch trim out of sculpey clay and hope to have it scanned this week with 3d scanner. Not sure if it has too many imperfections, but if this doesn't work, I will move to plan B for the mold (which is a bit more involved). Provided we can smooth out some of the waves of the clay mold on the computer, we should be able to start printing up a piece early next week (given the holiday) for fitting...will come back once I know how it's fitting

Onwthnd12

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Tourx
67C4F597-71A3-4B4C-A27B-28E61899C718.png
I'm about to pull the trigger on a black Tour X. I don't care for the cladding either. I like what you've done so far. I wonder if the piece circled in my pic could be removed and look as clean as the wheel wells? If so, I think I could live with removing all of the wheel wells and replacing the rocker trim with just the painted rocker pieces. Not too much $s either. Please keep us updated Hoffmantre.

[A
If you are going to the trouble of removing your bumper why not just remove the existing pieces and cut off the remaining piece of cladding with the bumper assemble off of the car?
It can be removed there’s just holes behind them where the clips go

Skynet

That's not rust or chipped paint around the right bottom edge of the wheel well is it?

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Thanks. Was afraid of pulling my paint when I finally attempt to do this.
NP - you can pull the trim with a bit of muscle - you will break some of the tabs that fit in the slots - but don’t worry as it’s the tape that holds it on. Once you have trim off, get a 3m striping removal wheel - but only use it on the metal and not on plastic bumper. It makes short work of the adhesive removal - the stuff has a very strong bond.

Tom D

Buick Ownership
61 Electra 225 Convert, 2015 Enclave, 2018 LaCrosse
I have the side skirts on the way and I plan on buying the bumper too
Love it! Have you confirmed that the Sportback bumper is a direct replacement? I'm having trouble finding anyone to confirm. When you say side skirts, are you talking about the lower piece between the front and wheels? Thanks

Tom

stembridge

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
Love it! Have you confirmed that the Sportback bumper is a direct replacement? I'm having trouble finding anyone to confirm. When you say side skirts, are you talking about the lower piece between the front and wheels? Thanks

Tom
It’s supposed to be. I have everything ready to go out in the shop, but life’s been to busy to tackle the project just yet. I’ll definitely post pics when I do get to it!

es

Tom D

Buick Ownership
It’s supposed to be. I have everything ready to go out in the shop, but life’s been to busy to tackle the project just yet. I’ll definitely post pics when I do get to it!

es
Thanjs so much. I'm wanting a TourX in the worst way, but don't want to buy and be stuck with the flares. One buick body shop basically declined to entertain my idea and said Buick wouldn't tell him whether the bumpers are interchangable. Body shop also said they "didn't recommend" removing the flares. Ugh.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Thanjs so much. I'm wanting a TourX in the worst way, but don't want to buy and be stuck with the flares. One buick body shop basically declined to entertain my idea and said Buick wouldn't tell him whether the bumpers are interchangable. Body shop also said they "didn't recommend" removing the flares. Ugh.
Duh... why would you want to remove something that protects car from being damaged from rocks and such?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
In case you hadn’t noticed, they sell this car in other markets without the cladding.

es
[/QUOTE
Thanks I knew that.. not sure what your point is. With that logic people with Trans Am's that have ground effects, that also protect from stone chips ...should remove them because they make Firebirds without them?

Tom D

Buick Ownership
If they don't like how they look, then yes, they should remove them from the Firebird too. I've owned about 20 cars over the last 50 years and rock chips around my wheels have never been an issue....and I think they're ugly.

Pedal Commander